Upgrade Your Website Traffic with These Tricks
Your company website is the first impression nearly all of your customers have of your business. If it's not optimized for search engines, though, potential customers may never see you. Search engines have artificial intelligence "bots" that scour the internet for websites that match a user's search query, and the more attractive your website is (Search Engine Optimized, or SEO), the closer to the top of the rankings it will be and the more traffic you'll receive.
If you're struggling with visitors to your small business website, there are af ew tricks you can employ to increase unique site visitors.
Checklist For SEO
On-page SEO doesn't just mean a great website. It's also a website that's constructed properly and easily found. Here's a handy checklist:
- Use a good server to host your site
- Make sure you have the correct domain name for your site and enable encryption
- Ensure that you've enabled HTTPS and all your links are HTTPS-encrypted
- Make sure there's only one version of your site
- Set up authenticated emails so your customers can contact you
- Fix or remove broken links, and remove irrelevant content
- Enable data compression and caching
- Link your website and share it on social media
- Use the Google Search Console webmaster tool to register your site
Focused Content Strategy
Quality content adds value to the user experience and enhances your SEO. Your ideal customer isn't just searching your website arbitrarily – they have a need and are looking for specific ways to have it met. When you offer how-to video guides for your products, well-written blogs about trends in your industry, or even detailed e-books, you're creating a website that's rich in useful information.
Use the Right Keywords
Acquire Both Active and Passive Links
Stay Up to Date with SEO Changes
The algorithms that major search engines use change occasionally, and an SEO strategy that worked a few years ago may need to be more effective now. Google programs its bots to provide results that match important keywords and relevant, fresh content. Keep your site updated, and look for changes announced by the major search engines.